What's important to know about food?
• 90% of foods prevent you from achieving your wellness potential.
• Food quality and safety is steadily declining.
• Your food supply is at risk.
What are we (QCEW) doing about these food issues?
• Current News
• Recent Projects
• Library of resources
Promoting local sources of real food
• Vision 2020 for a robust, sustainable local food system
• Progress through partnerships
How can you help?
• As a volunteer
• As a subject matter expert
• As a host for a food learning event
For more information contact Gil Sampson, QCEW Food Security facilitator.
Directors - Gil Sampson & Dr. Bob Rowe
Implementing Within District 69
The students learn firsthand, literally hands in dirt, about the value of growing and harvesting food. Since the pilot project was initiated, 640+ students participated in Root Bag. It has been a huge success and in 2017 we are aiming to be in every elementary school in District 69.